The Norfolk Roofing Company…FREE Inspections and Estimates!
As a The Norfolk roofing the first thing that we want to determine is whether your house needs repairs or a new roof.
Here are things that you can look for. Look carefully for the following indications of a failing roof, like:
- Leakage in the attic after wind-driven rainfall or ice build-up
- Blistering and peeling off of interior and/or exterior paint
- Blemishes, mold, or mildew growth on interior ceilings and walls
- Outside decay of sheathing and/or siding
- Missing, fractured, or curled shingles
You can easily watch examples of these conditions right here.
How To Inspect For Damages
It is a great concept to inspect your roof frequently, especially if you stay in locations of the nation that experience extreme weather. You can inspect your roof yourself, either by climbing on your roof or by using binoculars from the ground.
If you choose to use a roofer or to go onto the roof yourself to do a little inspection make sure that you consider every bit of safety to ensure that things go well. See our Safety section for even more information.
Right here are just some of the means to inspect for damages:
- Inspect flashing for damage or for inadequate insurance coverage
- Look under eaves and overhangs for damages that might indicate water leakage
- Review the roofing shingles for any sort of that are missing out on, split, curled, torn, or distorted
- Seek any sort of open joints or joints that could lead to leaking
- Try to find popped or rusted nails, or spots around nails
- Inspect for unevenness, sagging, or unsound areas
- Inspect your sources of roof ventilation– are they obstructed, do you have ventilation, is there sufficient ventilation?
- Inspect gutters for sagging, signs of cracks, and accumulation of granules
- Examine for dark patches or growth
- Check around pipes and roof penetrations to make sure they are sealed and in good shape
- Look inside the attic for signs of holes, dark spots, holes, or sagging sheathing
For those who are uncomfortable with the concept of walking around their roof, the safest and most thorough choice is to get in touch with an expert roofing contractor at Norfolk Roofing for a FREE Inspection and Estimate.
Norfolk Roofing Company
1222 Saint Julian Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23504